Updates to MagicTools – for PI
Getting the Latest Version
Table of Contents
When you purchased MagicTools, you were required to set up a user account on this website and then given a download link for the installer. You have the ability to re-download that installer and any new releases during your license period. Your license expiration date is visible in the Setup tab within MagicTools.
Here is how you can get the latest version of MagicTools – for PI:
- Log in to My Account > Downloads
- Locate MagicTools – for PI on the page
- Click the button in the Download column to put the latest installer on your local computer
- Follow the Installation instructions to reinstall the new version in place of the old one
- New: Add to Export Folders a checkbox to include columns with lists of users with explicitly granted access for each folder
- Tweak: Improved name of the first/all item in folder selection dropdown list, added a note explaining what selecting folders means
- Tweak: Added some details to the Live Mode warning popup for Sync regarding inability to remove Job and Middle Name data
- New: Reload buttons added next to each Folder Path selector list — to be used any time a user suspects the folder data may have changed within PI.
- Tweak: Sync action using a new Folder Path chosen by drop-down list now performs an update only on persons whose Folder Path is different than the one selected (instead of updating all persons always).
- Fix: Resolve a rare null assessment ID error encountered when archiving a Behavioral Assessment that was stored by PI incorrectly.
- Tweak: Improve the warning message and use of a default value when a blank is placed in Max Records to Process field.
- New: Disable all general features and display a warning message when the currently selected Profile’s license key is not valid.
- Tweak: Smooth the behavior of license key validation when switching between, copying, and deleting Profiles.
- Tweak: In the output file of the Sync process, new values in the Settings row have been added to reveal recently added options for matching by First/Last and using the Archive Me feature.
- New: Export Folder structure to CSV file
- Change: Sync input file no longer requires a value in “CurrentEmail” input column; each input row must have at least one column with a value used for matching: Current Email, Previous Email, Person ID, Current External ID, Previous External ID, or First/Last Name (if enabled)
- New: Person Type filter selections now have “All” option to select/deselect all items at once
- New: Clean, Export, and Sync show records processed totals in the application window upon completion.
- New: Clean process now shows a total of archived persons upon completion.
- Fix: Message boxes and other dialogs pop up in the center of the MagicTools window, not the center of the screen.
- Fix: Warning message now displayed when a non-integer value is provided in the Clean Expired BAs “older than days” setting.
- Fix: Value of Clean Expired BAs “older than days” setting is saved with the settings profile correctly.
- Change: In the output file of the Sync process, the column name MatchAssmtUserID is changed to MatchPersonID.
- New: Add a confirmation popup when deleting a profile.
- New: disallow saving profiles with no name.
- New: Ability to manage multiple settings profiles in Setup tab and switch between them.
- WARNING: When upgrading to version 1.4.x, your previously saved License Key and API Key settings will be forgotten and you will have to re-enter them. If you only have these values stored in the current version of MagicTools, be sure to record them somewhere before installing version 1.4.x.
- Change: Enhance email matching logic in Clean – Keep Oldest BA to be more case-insensitive.
- Change: In log messages in Clean – Keep Oldest BA differentiate between BAs kept with one or multiple matching emails
- Change: Enhance matching logic in Sync so that First and Last Name matching is case-insensitive.
- New: Ability to archive and anonymize persons and their assessments using an input file column or a setting affecting all input file persons.
- Change: Enhance matching logic in Clean Duplicate Behavioral Assessments so that email address matching is case-insensitive.
- Change: Folder Path selection or filter features in Clean, Export, and Sync now no longer replace forward slashes with backslashes.
- New: Manually entered values in the Folder Path user interface fields are checked for the presence of forward slashes and a warning is displayed to ensure they are being used correctly.
- New: Clean now includes a Filter by Folder to limit the selected Clean action to only persons found in the specified folder.
- New: Clean, Export, and Sync Folder settings offers a drop-down list of all folders, though manually editing a folder path is still supported.
- New: Sync will accept the header name Email as an alternative to CurrentEmail.
- New: Sync output file includes a “settings” row to describe which Change settings were used.
- New: Sync input file columns are all optional except for CurrentEmail or one of its alternate names.
- Fix: Sync matching logic on PersonID was not matching correctly.
- Change: Export Assessment Data produces PersonType text names (e.g. Candidate) instead of numbers (e.g. 2).
- Fix: Export Assessment Data including BA self-concept and synthesis sigmas occasionally failing with error: id cannot be null.
- Change: Convert Clean action log output from mixed text to CSV (comma-separated values) to make it easy to view log results in a spreadsheet app.
- Change: Add “Log” to the filenames of all processing output log files.
- New: Optionally use First Name and Last Name as part of the Sync person matching criteria.
- New: Warn user when Sync input file is already in use.
- Fix: Ability to set a fixed Person Type for all matched persons in a Sync operation.
- New: Export People and Assessments result set now includes E-Sigma Scores for Self (now that PI has shown it to be scientifically valid) in addition to Synthesis.
- New: Clean – When archiving person data, also anonymize it by replacing personal info with meaningless content.
- New: Clean and Sync – Show a warning message when running in Live mode, allowing the user to cancel.
- Usability: Improve the label text for the Clean and Export action options.
- Usability: Move the Setup tab from the first position to the last position to give it less focus.
- Usability: Move the Help link to the upper-right corner.
- Fix: Export – Export Persons and Assessment data – fixed some incorrect export column names.
- Fix: Settings – Improved License Key and API Key validation and error handling.
- Fix: Export – Export Persons and Assessment data – An error was occurring when a person had no assessment data.
- Usability: Export – Export Persons and Assessment data – Improve sequence and naming of export output columns to put all sigma. scores toward the end
- New: Export – Export Persons and Assessment data – optionally include Behavioral Self-Concept and Synthesis sigma scores.
- Usability: Config – Improve License Key validation and displayed results.
- New: Sync Tab – take an import file containing Person data to be updated and change PI Person data.
- New: Export – Export Persons with only the data needed for Sync process input.
- New: Export – Selection Criteria – add Filter by Folder Path.
- New: Remember which tab you used last and open to that same tab next time.
- Usability: Some visual re-arranging.
- New: Export Tab – Export Person and Assessment Data to a text file.
- New: Link to Open Output Location in a file explorer.
- Usability: Settings display and validation.
- Initial release
- Clean – Remove expired Behavioral Assessments
- Clean – Keep only the oldest Behavioral Assessments
- License Key validation
- PI API Key testing
- Newer Version lookup and notification