Organizations with a subscription to The Predictive Index platform are typically able to request access at no extra charge to a separate Sandbox account for use in learning and testing PI functionality. Sandbox accounts are frequently requested by customers who are using the API to create some kind of integration with PI.
To obtain access to a Sandbox account…
- Send an email to PI Customer Integration Support: email@example.com
Your request should include content like this:
Hello PI Integrations Team,
I am an authorized account manager for the following PI account:
Please grant me administrative control of a Sandbox account for XYZ Company, naming (or if one exists, renaming) it:
XYZ Company Sandbox
We will be using this to develop and test an API integration with System ABC, so please activate API Access for this Sandbox account.
Please create an Account Admin user:
First Name: XYZ Sandbox
Last Name: Talent Team
Please provide me with the password for this user since we are assigning an email address without an inbox which will make it impossible to use password recovery via email.
- Log in to PI as the user at: https://app.predictiveindex.com
- Go to the Administration > User Management view
- Find your user in the list and click on it
- Select a default folder into which assessments/persons created by this user will be placed (unless a different folder is specified at the time an action is taken)
- Generate an API Key and copy/paste it somewhere safe
- Save your settings
- Securely share the API Key with the person(s) who will be developing your API integration.
Remember: API Keys grant complete access to the data available to the user with whom it is associated.
For more info about PI API Keys and PI Integrations in general, see: https://www.predictiveindex.com/learn/support/integration-guide/
For more info about Sandbox Accounts, see: