Your organization can benefit from MagicTools – for PI if any of the following situations apply to you:
PI Data is not clean
- Expired assessments – some PI persons have only expired assessment invitations. Solution: Clean Expired BAs
- Duplicate persons – the same email address belongs to more than one PI person. Solution: Remove Duplicate Persons
- Duplicate assessments – a person has more than one completed Behavioral Assessment. Solution: Remove Duplicate BAs
- Invite by Link – you are using the Invite by Link feature which leads to duplication whenever a person goes through your process more than once. Solution: Remove Duplicate BAs
- Really old data – some PI person data is just too old and you would like to archive some or all of it based on age. Solution: Export then Sync with Archiving
PI Data is not current
The solution for data that isn’t current is to use MagicTools Sync, sometimes preceded by Export:
- Wrong Person Type – Some employees are still identified as persons of type Candidate or Unknown, or former employees are still identified as persons of type Employee.
- Wrong Email – Employees have Candidate email addresses instead of employee email addresses.
- Domain Change – Employees have email addresses belonging to the old domain name used by your company, but due to a merger or domain name change you need to update them all at one time.
- Folder Changes – People are organized into PI Folders that no longer match your needs for organization or permission management
- Job Mess – People are assigned to PI Jobs that are no longer accurate or useful to you
- New Job Targets – You have started using the PI Job Target feature but many of your current employees have not been assigned to their correct PI Job
- Too Much Manual Update Work – You wish to make updates to many persons in your PI data at one time rather than manually editing one item at a time
PI data is not connectable
The solution for data that isn’t connectable is to use MagicTools Sync, sometimes preceded by Export:
- HRIS Connection broken because Employees have wrong External Person ID – Employees have a Candidate ID belonging to your current or past Applicant Tracking / Recruiting system and you wish to replace it with an Employee ID from your Human Capital / Human Resources software instead.
- PI Employee features unavailable because upload Org Structure causes duplication – You wish to upload Organizational Structure data into PI so you can use the features that rely on it, but many of your Employees who are already in PI do not have a correct Employee ID in their External Person ID field. This missing data causes the creation of duplicate persons upon Org Data upload. You need to first fix the existing Employee data before you can import the Org Structure.
- Integration connection fails because Email is wrong – People have the wrong email address so that it doesn’t match what is in an external system that relies on email match to find the right person (such as the PI Slack App).
PI data needed elsewhere
The solution for using data elsewhere is MagicTools Export:
- Export All your Person and Assessment Data – You wish to analyze patterns in your PI person and assessment data using an external tool
- Missing Data from PI Export – PI person and assessment data download feature doesn’t give you all of the fields you want